I love reading, but I can never really find great books to read. It’s such a struggle for me and it’s probably going to be the reason why I end up writing my own novels one day. I am going to write something that I personally would love to read. I think a book should have it’s readers hooked right from the very beginning. So here I ask of you to recommend some of your favourite books. Here are mine:
- Flowers in the Attic (Virginia Andrews). I read this when I was about 12 years old and it’s the book that started my love of reading and for that I am ever grateful. However, I do not recommend this book for anyone so young.
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time (Mark Haddon). Read and thoroughly enjoyed.
- Twenties Girl (Sophie Kinsella). This book is laugh out loud funny chick lit, as a lot of Sophie Kinsella books are, but this is the first one that I came across and loved.
- 40 Rules of Love (Elif Safak). It’s more of a spiritual book than a love story, but I really enjoyed reading it.
- Elenor Oliphant it Completely fine (Gail Honeyman). It’s one of the few award winning books that I can agree is actually award worthy.
- Jane Eyre (Charlotte Bronte). As previously mentioned, my favourite classic.
- The Alchemist (Paul Coelho). Yes, since reading it again I have decided that it now makes it onto my favourites list and I look forward to reading it with my children one day.
I promise to add to this list as I think of more.
*As an Amazon Affiliate I benefit from purchases